A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of hosting a Pretty Little Princess themed baby shower for a little girl making her way into the world.
For this event, I was fortunate enough to be able to work with Holli from HoneyBash Celebration Shop and to say she is a life saver is not enough. She is probably the most patient person ever…if I had to deal with me, I would have screamed! But she’s just awesome like that! I was asked to do the shower in the colors of pink and purple, with a touch of bling, so I was able to select one of the packages from her shop to use for the party. She definitely made me realize the value in using other people’s talents to bring an event together and I will definitely be partnering in the future 🙂
Most of the paper items in the party (banners, signs, food labels, and cupcake toppers) were designed by Holli and embellished a bit by yours truly; I constructed the fans and floral arrangements.
For this baby shower, I did all of the desserts, set up the candy bar, and even got to use some of my culinary talents on the food table; I make a mean pasta salad.
The guests were welcomed with an opportunity to write well wishes for the mom-to-be. The book had to be fitting for a little princess…
Before the shower started, we actually had a guest making balloon animals for the kids. Talk about a hit! She casually mentioned that she could make some to keep them entertained…I was trying to get one myself!!
After everyone was full and content, we started the games. There were the traditional games with a twist, and some unique ones. We played:
- Don’t Say Baby: This game is usually played with clothespins or necklaces and the object of the game is to take them away from someone who says “baby” or crosses their legs during the shower; the person with the most at the end of the shower wins. For this shower, we played with a “twist.” Four guests were given crowns at the beginning of the shower, but everyone was playing. If the crown wearer said “baby” or “Jazlynn,” they had to forfeit their crown. The four people at the end of the shower who were still wearing crowns all got prizes.
- Guess the celebrity baby: People have to guess which celebrity’s baby picture was in the collage. The most correct guesses wins.
- Baby animals: The correct name for the baby version of the animal has to be identified. Guests have 60 sec to identify them and the most correct guesses wins.
- Baby Picasso: The guests have to draw their best rendition of a little princess on a paper plate; the plate has to be on their head and they have 90 sec to draw.
- Never Have I Ever: The guests have to confess what they’ve done in this PG-rated version of Truth or Dare. If they’ve done something, they have to put change into the baby bottle piggy bank and all of the money is used to start the baby’s first savings.
All in all, it was a success! We laughed, played, had a great time, and I made some new friends! Wishing many congratulations to the parents-to-be!
Thanks also, to my amazing photographer Isaac! He’s an all-around great guy and wonderful friend 🙂
Decor, Styling, Desserts: Creating Awesomenessity!
Printables: HoneyBash Events
Photography: Isaac Singleton Photography